The Federal Authority For Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security has issued a new generation of passports, which are among the most secure and technologically advanced passports in the world. The new passports are made of polycarbonate, which is more durable and resistant to damage than paper. They also feature a number of new security features, such as a laser-engraved image of the holder’s face and a three-dimensional hologram.
The new passports are part of the UAE government’s vision to reinforce the UAE identity and provide distinctive services for the identification of personal identity. They are also part of the UAE’s commitment to innovation and its desire to be a leader in the use of technology.
The new passports will make travel more convenient for UAE citizens in a number of ways. First, they are easier to process at ports. Second, they are more resistant to damage, which means that they are less likely to be lost or stolen. Third, the new passports’ advanced security features will help to expedite border clearance procedures.
The new UAE passports are also a symbol of the UAE’s global standing and its commitment to innovation. The new passports issued by The Federal Authority For Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security in Abu Dhabi will help to promote the UAE’s diplomatic efforts and attract more visitors and investors to the country.
Here are some of the key features of the new UAE passport:
- Made of polycarbonate, which is more durable and resistant to damage than paper.
- Laser-engraved image of the holder’s face.
- Three-dimensional hologram.
- RFID chip for contactless reading.
- Watermark with the UAE national emblem.
- Ultraviolet (UV) ink printing.
The new UAE passport is a technological leap forward and represents the UAE’s commitment to innovation and its desire to be a leader in the use of technology. The new passport will make travel more convenient for UAE citizens and help to promote the UAE’s global standing.
Key Features of the New UAE Passport:
- Biometric Enhancements: The new UAE passport integrates biometric data, including fingerprint and facial recognition technologies. This makes the passport highly secure and resistant to forgery or tampering. Biometric data ensures that the passport holder’s identity is accurately verified, contributing to enhanced border security.
- E-Passport Capabilities: The passport is equipped with an electronic chip containing the holder’s personal information, including biometric data, allowing for quick and secure digital authentication. E-passports streamline the immigration process and facilitate automated border control systems at airports and entry points.
- Digital Connectivity: The new passport is designed to seamlessly connect with digital systems and databases. This connectivity enables immigration authorities to access and verify the passport holder’s information in real time, reducing processing times and enhancing security.
- Blockchain Integration: The UAE passport leverages blockchain technology to store and secure critical identity information. Blockchain ensures the integrity and immutability of passport data, making it extremely difficult for unauthorized alterations or fraudulent activities.
- QR Codes for Authentication: QR codes on the passport offer a quick and convenient means of verifying its authenticity. Scanning the QR code provides immediate access to the passport’s digital information, allowing for expedited identity verification.
- NFC Compatibility: Near Field Communication (NFC) technology is embedded in the passport, allowing it to communicate with NFC-enabled devices and systems. This feature streamlines the immigration process and offers additional layers of security.
- Multilingual Capabilities: The new passport is designed to accommodate multiple languages, making it user-friendly for international travelers. It includes both Arabic and English translations, ensuring clarity and accessibility for a diverse range of users.
- Enhanced Durability: The passport is manufactured using advanced materials and printing techniques, making it highly durable and resistant to wear and tear. This durability ensures the longevity of the document, reducing the need for frequent renewals.
- Secure Data Storage: The passport securely stores not only personal information but also critical travel records and visas, offering a comprehensive view of the holder’s travel history, which can be invaluable for various administrative and travel-related purposes.
The introduction of this advanced technological passport demonstrates the United Arab Emirates’ commitment to ensuring the security and convenience of its citizens and residents while facilitating smooth international travel. It aligns with the UAE’s broader strategy to harness technology for the benefit of its people and visitors, reinforcing the country’s position as a global leader in innovation and modernization.